PHP_Mapscript QueryByAttributes on PostGIS layer - bug or feature?

Delfos, Jacob Jacob.Delfos at MAUNSELL.COM
Wed Sep 20 19:29:00 EDT 2006

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for that. I am not sure if a QueryByPoint would help for me, but I just change the querystring for PostGIS. It's not clean and abstract, but for now that will have to do.
I didn't manage to find the post you mentioned. Was it on the MapServer list?

regards,

Jacob

________________________________

	From: Sergio López [mailto:sergiodlopez at yahoo.com]
	Sent: 20 September 2006 23:39
	To: Delfos, Jacob
	Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] PHP_Mapscript QueryByAttributes on PostGIS layer - bug or feature?

	Jacob
	I had the same problem, and I think is a bug. I've solved it by implementing a query by point using POSTGIS spatial queries, because I use only Postgis layers. There is a post with the explanation (in spanish, i'm afraid). search the list , the subject of the post was "Possible bug", in may 2006.
	Sergio

	"Delfos, Jacob" <Jacob.Delfos at MAUNSELL.COM> escribió:

		Hi List,
		I'm trying to perform a QueryByAttributes operation on a PostGIS layer, but I get an error. Basically, it seems that the where clause being generated leaves out the attribute name and operator. Am I doing something wrong?
		My code is:
		   $gotResult = $oLayer->queryByAttributes("roadname","EMERALD RD",MS_MULTIPLE);
		My PHP error is:
		[19-Sep-2006 08:53:34] PHP Warning:  [MapServer Error]: prepare_database(): Error executing POSTGIS DECLARE (the actual query) statement: 'DECLARE mycursor BINARY CURSOR FOR SELECT roadname::text,asbinary(force_collection(force_2d(the_geom)),'NDR'),gid::text from roads WHERE (EMERALD RD) and (the_geom && setSRID( 'BOX3D(-149999998.5 -99999999,149999998.5 99999999)'::BOX3D,find_srid('','roads','the_geom') ))' <br><br>
		It works if I do:
		$oLayer->queryByAttributes("roadname","roadname like 'EMERALD RD'",MS_MULTIPLE);
		Am I supposed to perform the QueryByAttributes operation differently for different data sources? It gets more difficult if I don't know in advance whether the type is text or number....
		I searched the list and bugzilla for something similar, but couldn't find it. I'm using php_mapscript 4.8.3 (I tried using 4.10beta2, but all my mapfiles get invalid map extent errors for some reason).
		Regards,
		Jacob

		JACOB DELFOS
		GIS ANALYST
		Maunsell Australia Pty Ltd
		629 Newcastle Street, Leederville, WA 6007
		PO Box 81, Leederville, WA 6902
		Western Australia
		ABN 20 093 846 925

		Tel     + 61 8 9281 6185