PHP setup using tomcat

Mark Howard mhoward at AKIMEKA.COM
Wed Sep 20 23:13:46 EDT 2006

I'm setting up a Tomcat server to use for ka-maps. I've got mapserv
working correctly in the C:\tomcat\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\cgi folder
(as http://my_server/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe).

So this works fine:
http://my_server/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?REQUEST=GetMap&VERSION=1.1.1&MAP=C:
\tomcat\webapps\ka-map\Akidemo\AkiDemo1.map&SRS=EPSG:4326&bbox=-180,-90,
180,90&width=200&height=200&layers=countries&format=image/PNG

I've got PHP installed and configured --  php.exe and php.ini are in
C:\WINDOWS\system32 and the php.ini extension_dir =
/ms4w/Apache/php/ext/
This works on the command line - for example:
php quickmap.php > zzz.png

makes a perfectly good png.

Where quickmap.php has
// define variables
define( "MAPFILE", "C:/tomcat/webapps/ka-map/AkiDemo1.map" );
define( "MODULE", "php_mapscript_48.dll" );

However If I access the same php file in a web context, I just get the
php file streamed back. Obviously php is not running. I tried putting
php and all the dll's in the cgi folder (probably stupid - eh?).

Do I need to download and install a php class library (jar) to run as a
servlet - as in these instructions? --

http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/running-php-5x-on-windows-usi
ng-tomcat-4x-or-5x/

OR is there something simple I'm missing in the system configuration
(web.xml....)????

TIA for any assistance!!!!!

Mark

JMEWS II/Medical Situational Awareness (MSA)
Akimeka, LLC
1305 North Holopono Street, Suite # 3
Kihei, HI 96753
Office (808) 442-7137