PHP setup using tomcat

Delfos, Jacob Jacob.Delfos at MAUNSELL.COM
Wed Sep 20 23:20:33 EDT 2006

Mark,

I don't believe there is a very simple solution to getting php to run on
tomcat. I had to do it myself a while ago, and it seems the general
agreement out there is that for best performance, you should run PHP
using Apache webserver (on port 80), and then use a proxy/reverse proxy
for running Tomcat on a different port, proxied through the normal
Apache webserver. You can then run Tomcat on a different port, while
running Apache on the normal port. This works for me, but I'm no expert
on this.

Is there any reason why you are using Tomcat? You mentioned it's for
Ka-Map, but Ka-Map is php-based.

Regards,

Jacob