Adding point to ESRI Personal Geodatabase through ODBC

Delfos, Jacob Jacob.Delfos at MAUNSELL.COM
Tue Sep 26 00:26:10 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has knows how to add a point feature to an ESRI personal geodatabase, without using ESRI software (ideally through SQL). The spatial column is "long binary data" according to MS Access. I'm assuming I'd also have to update the spatial index. I'm using PHP, which I believe supports binary data through ODBC.

I'm assuming it's possible, but I'm not sure yet how. Alternatively, I'll have to use ODBC/OVF. Not a drama, but I'd like to keep it all in one format.

Thanks in advance,

Jacob

JACOB DELFOS
GIS ANALYST
Maunsell Australia Pty Ltd
629 Newcastle Street, Leederville, WA 6007
PO Box 81, Leederville, WA 6902
Western Australia
ABN 20 093 846 925

Tel     + 61 8 9281 6185