using alt tag to do mouse over

Trimble, Beheen btrimble at SFWMD.GOV
Wed Sep 27 07:19:41 EDT 2006

Hi Kristian,

Alt or Title, still I need it to be a mapserver/cgi variable that when I
submit the request, extracts the site_name from the shapefile. I don't
know the site_name before hand. I can not hard code the value.

Thanks
Beheen

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Thy, Kristian
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 4:09 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] using alt tag to do mouse over

As an aside, the alt text doesn't show as a tooltip in Firefox,
because that's not what the 'alt' attribute is for. Use the
attribute 'title' for that, if you care about web standards.

regards,
Kristian

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright
protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this
communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed
in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally
binding.