Querying Tile Index

Fri Sep 29 13:50:17 EDT 2006

You're probably going to need to setup the index as a separate layer and
query it. If you query the layer davisphoto MapServer thinks you are
querying the raster itself. Just setup a separate layer called
davisphoto_idx or something like that and query it.

Steve

>>> Xiaopeng Xiong <xpxiong at PURDUE.EDU> 9/29/2006 11:31:10 AM >>>
Hello everyone,

I am new to the list and just start using Mapserver. I met some problem
when I tried to do query a tile index for a set of geotiff image files.
I have tried to google the answer but got no clue. So I really
appreciate if someone here can help me out, or give me a concrete
example.

My problem is as follows:

I have an index for image tiles (geo tiff files). The index includes an
attribute "path" which is the source path of individual .tiff file. Now
I can successfully display the .tiff files on Mapserver. What I need to
do now is that when a user clicks the map, the mapserver will return the
"path" information for the tile .tiff image that is clicked. I set the
mode to "indexquery", but it always returned me zero record. I believe
there is something I have missed but not sure what it is.

The mapfile config is as follows:

LAYER

  NAME davisphoto

  TYPE raster

  STATUS on

  DEBUG on

  TILEINDEX
/home/danpatch/b/pinnais/public-web/data/stateplane_east/Davis_photo_index

  TILEITEM "path"

#  MAXSCALE 80000.0

     CLASS

        Name 'Davis Photo'

     END  # CLASS

PROJECTION

  "proj=tmerc"

  "lat_0=37.500000000"

  "lon_0=-85.666666667"

  "k=0.999967"

  "x_0=100000.000"

  "y_0=250000.000"

  "ellps=GRS80"

  "datum=NAD83"

  "units=ft"

  "no_defs"

END

   HEADER
'/home/danpatch/b/pinnais/public-web/orthoweb/querytemplate/davis_header.html'

   FOOTER
'/home/danpatch/b/pinnais/public-web/orthoweb/querytemplate/davis_footer.html'

   TEMPLATE
"/home/danpatch/b/pinnais/public-web/orthoweb/querytemplate/davis_query.html"

END  # LAYER

I wonder if someone can help me. Highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Xiaopeng