version 4.10 Beta 3

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Fri Sep 29 15:56:56 EDT 2006

Graham Davis wrote:
> While testing v 4.10 beta 3 I noticed that some of the SQL in my MAP
> file was no longer working.  I figured out that the column names were
> now case sensitive (ie: I was trying to SELECT the column assetId when
> it is actually assetid in the PostgreSQL database).  This LAYER was no
> longer drawn in the returned map image.  It worked previously with the
> last non-beta version of mapserver.  Changing my SELECT statement so
> that the casing matched fixed the problem for the beta.
>
> I just wanted to confirm that this is a change that will be in the
> new/next non-beta version of mapserver.  I'll need to go and re-check
> many of my MAP files when converting.  Thanks,

Graham,

I'm guessing this relates to this commit message in mappostgis.c:

  * Revision 1.72  2006/05/09 22:35:41  pramsey
  * Added quotes around field names being retrieved by query requests. (Bug 1536)

So, I think that as long as we are quoting the field names in POSTGIS
style connections, they will likely be case sensitive - now and going
forward.

Best regards,