replace MAP extension with ASPX or ASP

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 30 09:15:01 EDT 2006

On 9/29/06, william paul <williampaul28 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Is it possible to replace the map extension with aspx or asp? I have seen an
> example (http://www2.tetonwyo.org/mapserver/) where the map
> file is called map.asp. I tried to create an aspx file like:

I built the site that you are looking at. I have pasted the complete
map.asp file in below. It contains both VB and JScript
implementations, and references to original source. I have not figured
out how to do it with .NET (ASPX). If you come up with a .NET
solution, would you please share it with me and the rest of the list?

Rich

--
Richard Greenwood
richard.greenwood at gmail.com
www.greenwoodmap.com

 <%@language=JScript%>
 <%
    // Server.ScriptTimeout = 360
    var mapFile = "/data/gis/mapserver/tc/tc.map"
    var qstring = Request.ServerVariables("QUERY_STRING")
    var host= Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_HOST")
    var referrer= Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")
    var uri = "http://"+host+"/mapserv-4.6.1/mapserv.exe?map=" +
mapFile + "&" + qstring;
    var objHTTP
    objHTTP = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
    objHTTP.open("GET", uri, false);
    objHTTP.send();
    Response.ContentType = objHTTP.getResponseHeader("content-type");
    Response.BinaryWrite (objHTTP.responseBody);
  %>

  <%
  /*
  JScript example from
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk30/htm/xmobjxmldomserverxmlhttp_using_directly.asp

		var objSrvHTTP;
		objSrvHTTP = Server.CreateObject ("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP");
		objSrvHTTP.open ("GET","http://someotherserver/respond.asp", false);
		objSrvHTTP.send ();
		Response.ContentType = "text/xml";
		Response.Write (objHTTP.responseXML.xml);
  */
  %>

  <%
  /*
  	VB example from:
  	http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc40/wms-server-howto.html#onlineresourceurl

   	Server.ScriptTimeout = 360
      strRequest = Request.ServerVariables("QUERY_STRING")
      strURL = "http://myserver/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WMS\mymap.map&"
& strRequest
      Dim objHTTP
      Set objHTTP = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
      objHTTP.open "GET", strURL, false
      objHTTP.send ""
      Response.ContentType = objHTTP.getResponseHeader("content-type")
      Response.BinaryWrite objHTTP.responseBody
      Set objHTTP = Nothing
   */
%>