Tomcat IMAGEPATH IMAGEURL

LITTLE Nelson nelson.little at TENIX.COM
Wed Apr 11 02:18:09 EDT 2007

Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

Firstly I updated my map file such that it now reads:

IMAGEPATH "/mapserver_temp/"
IMAGEURL "temp"

I am able to write the image (image_file.png) via the mapserver object
to the IMAGEPATH location with no troubles. However, how do I display
that resultant image file in a web page? I thought the image would be
available via http://loalhost:8080/myapp/temp/image_file.png

Can anyone offer some help?

Cheers,
Nelson

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Potts [mailto:dave.potts at pinan.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, 11 April 2007 2:09 PM
To: LITTLE Nelson
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Tomcat IMAGEPATH IMAGEURL

LITTLE Nelson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to create a servlet application to run on the Tomcat 5.5
web
> server. In my map file I have
>
> IMAGEPATH "c://mapserver_temp//"
> IMAGEURL "temp"
>
> How does the image url know to point to the image path? I suppose I
need
> to create some kind of alias that maps "temp" to "c:/mapserver_temp"
but
> I don't know how to do this? Can anyone offer some help please?
>
> Thanks
> Nelson
>
> Disclaimer :
> The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are intended
only
> for the person or entity to which this e-mail is addressed.  If you
are not,
> or believe you may not be, the intended recipient, please advise the
sender
> immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any
copies.
> Tenix does not warrant nor guarantee that this email communication is
free
> from errors, virus, interception or interference.

When I ran mapserver and tomcat together on a mac platform,  I said
things like

  TEMPLATE ../WEB-INF/post_transform_directory/en-gb/mob_resources.xml
  IMAGEPATH "../tmp/"
  IMAGEURL "tmp/"
  LOG "/tmp/map.out"

I can't comment on the window platform to much, but I suspect that
saying

IMAGEPATH "c:\\mapserver_temp\\"
IMAGEURL "temp"
may help, or perhaps justing using \ instead.

TO a java program a file seperator is / or \, but mapserver is a C
program, so it may choose only to understand the \ character.

D.