What happend to OGR OVF layers since gdal 1.3.1

Huub Fleuren hfl at HOME.NL
Thu Aug 2 04:37:56 EDT 2007

Thanks Frank for your answer:

Huub wrote:
 >> msOGRFileNextShape(): OGR error. No column definitions found for
table > 'q_getBBoxAbonnement_1', layer not usable
Frank wrote:
 >This indicates that OGR tried to initialize access to a table called
q_getBBoxAbonnement_l but it could not find any understandable field
definitions.

You suggested to specify the geo-table like:
<SrcDataSource>ODBC:admin/admin at anwb,wwall</SrcDataSource>
but that did did not work

The query q_getBBoxAbonnement_l  existed in the database, by the unlying
table didn't exist anymore, much like you were guessing.
The query is not used in any way though. Obviously the process of
accessing ODBC:admin/admin at anwb now evaluates all the tables and views
listed in the database.

Deleting the obsolete object was the solution in this case. It has
helped to keep the database cleaner:-) I'm happy now with the upgrade to
mapserver 4.10.2 and gdal 1.4.2

Regards, Huub