world freemap agg/gd view

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Fri Aug 3 21:38:02 EDT 2007

John Smith wrote:
> it is a case of style over substance when style (looking good) is over
> substance (limited data sources it can handle).

Well, sure. Now that you've qualified the term "substance" you make some
good points.

My point is a) that it seems to be stable and fast, and produces output
that its users enjoy; b) that it works great for a number of people. The
age of the mailing list, the number of coders, the number of OSs, even
the breadth of data sources it supports, is relevant for some folks, and
not for others.

But yes, it would be nice to see MS 5.x rival Mapnik's output, so Mapnik
gets to swallow their words. :)

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA