(Sending email failed) - 5.0Beta problem

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Sat Aug 4 21:41:58 EDT 2007

Lester Caine wrote:
> Daniel Morissette wrote:
>> MapServer 5.0.0-beta2 has just been released. The source package and links
> to binary distributions are available at:
>>   http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/download/beta
>
> I've spent the last day playing with the beta1 windows package, but I'm having
> a problem with getting maps bigger than 600x600. The current version creates
> images around 800px square, but when I switch to 5.0 the biggest I get is
> 600px sq. I did ask on IRC without a reply so I'm trying here. Is this a bug,
> or do I need to change something to get the new build working with existing
> maps?

Lester,

There is a MAXSIZE keyword for the map which you can use to set the
maximum image size requestable by the client.  But the default is 2K * 2K
so I don't think that is what you are running into.

Do you possibly have MAXSIZE set with a small value?

When you try to generate an 800x800 image what happens?

Best regards,