PHP/MapScript on Debian and Ubuntu

Steven Monai stevem at SPATIALMAPPING.COM
Sat Aug 4 23:10:10 EDT 2007

Update.

I have filed a bug report against the Ubuntu binary package
'php5-mapscript', requesting that the patch that purposely breaks
PHP/MapScript for CGI/FCGI/CLI be removed. Here's a link:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/130304

Hopefully, the package maintainers will have a look and fix this little
glitch soon. In the meantime, I have built my own .deb from source on Ubuntu
(Feisty, i386). It's a relatively small file (532 KiB) that I'm happy to
share with anyone who asks.

-SM