(Sending email failed) - 5.0Beta problem

Lester Caine lester at LSCES.CO.UK
Sun Aug 5 02:52:25 EDT 2007

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 21:41:58 -0400, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at POBOX.COM> wrote:

>Lester Caine wrote:
>> Daniel Morissette wrote:
>>> MapServer 5.0.0-beta2 has just been released. The source package and links
>> to binary distributions are available at:
>>>   http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/download/beta
>>
>> I've spent the last day playing with the beta1 windows package, but I'm
having
>> a problem with getting maps bigger than 600x600. The current version creates
>> images around 800px square, but when I switch to 5.0 the biggest I get is
>> 600px sq. I did ask on IRC without a reply so I'm trying here. Is this a bug,
>> or do I need to change something to get the new build working with existing
>> maps?
>
>Lester,
>
>There is a MAXSIZE keyword for the map which you can use to set the
>maximum image size requestable by the client.  But the default is 2K * 2K
>so I don't think that is what you are running into.
>
>Do you possibly have MAXSIZE set with a small value?
>
>When you try to generate an 800x800 image what happens?

I have found what is different between 4.x and 5.0. It is not using the
dynamic sizes provided with the URL. I had 'SIZE 600 600' but this is replaced
by the sizes required for the actual page being rendered. In 5.0 this ability
seems to have been lost, so I can't dynamically size the map window.

http://home.lsces.co.uk/lsces/mapper/display_map.php is the currently working
example

( ps - anybody else having trouble posting via email - I keep getting
<http://umn.edu/mc/p?Eb$OMhAOY1h52jO@exTIkqZQEL@L46XSHgIajCzKUxBBtj6eUC979Lg>
bounce messages :( )