(Sending email failed) - 5.0Beta problem

Sun Aug 5 10:55:51 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Lester Caine wrote:
>> On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 01:52:25 -0500, Lester Caine <lester at LSCES.CO.UK>
>> wrote:
>>> I have found what is different between 4.x and 5.0. It is not using the
>>> dynamic sizes provided with the URL. I had 'SIZE 600 600' but this is
>>> replaced
>>> by the sizes required for the actual page being rendered. In 5.0 this
>>> ability
>>> seems to have been lost, so I can't dynamically size the map window.
>>
>> Cracked it
>> There were two 'spellings' of the size element in the url. 'mapsize'
>> and 'map_size'
>> Only the first is supported in 5.0 while both are accepted in 4.x
>> Where is the changelog that would indicate these sorts of changes in 5.0?
>
> Lester,
>
> This would belong in:
>

> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/trunk/mapserver/MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT
>
> But I don't see anything.  I would suggest filing a ticket for this to
> be added to the migration guide, or fixed depending on whether it is an
> intended change or not.
>
> Best regards,

Lester,

This was a problem that I report to Steve L and I believe has been fixed
in the trunk. It is important to have both because the later is used to
modify the parameter via the CGI URL syntax AND is is being used by
OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer().

Please try this again with a more resent version and report if you still
have a problem.

-Steve