(Sending email failed) - 5.0Beta problem

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Sun Aug 5 10:30:06 EDT 2007

Lester Caine wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 01:52:25 -0500, Lester Caine <lester at LSCES.CO.UK> wrote:
>> I have found what is different between 4.x and 5.0. It is not using the
>> dynamic sizes provided with the URL. I had 'SIZE 600 600' but this is replaced
>> by the sizes required for the actual page being rendered. In 5.0 this ability
>> seems to have been lost, so I can't dynamically size the map window.
>
> Cracked it
> There were two 'spellings' of the size element in the url.
> 'mapsize' and 'map_size'
> Only the first is supported in 5.0 while both are accepted in 4.x
>
> Where is the changelog that would indicate these sorts of changes in 5.0?

Lester,

This would belong in:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/trunk/mapserver/MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT

But I don't see anything.  I would suggest filing a ticket for this to
be added to the migration guide, or fixed depending on whether it is an
intended change or not.

Best regards,