question about WFS

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Mon Aug 6 11:41:05 EDT 2007

John B. Churchill wrote:

 > I found a note on the Mapserver documentation which says that WFS-T is
 > not supported by Mapserver.  I suppose what I'm describing is
 > something  that requires a "transaction" and that I won't be able to
 > do this with Mapserver.

Yep. Mapserver's WFS capability is read-only.

>     One of the things I wanted to be able to do with the Mapserver WFS
> server that I've set up is allow people to add individual layers into
> their GIS software that they can then save

Yes, that's what the interoperability plugin was supposed to do, provide
a bridge to PostGIS. It sounds like just what you want. Are you unable
to install it, or is your ArcGIS too old, or what?

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA