Problems Compiling for & Using Oracle Spatial

Timothy J Nolte tnolte at ILPCS.COM
Tue Aug 7 12:20:40 EDT 2007

I do in fact have all of the Oracle libraries installed. We actually have a
full Oracle Enterprise database install as well as the client. I finally was
able to get MapServer compiled. I did have to hand edit the configure file
and the Mapscript Makefile to point to the right libs path. In the end I
realized that I had mixed the OGR Oracle Spatial syntax and the MapServer
native syntax. In fact there was a problem with the username/password as I
was trying to use MapServer native with "OCI:username/password" I tried it
without the OCI and it worked perfectly. I'm still having problems getting
GDAL to find the Oracle libraries. I gave up as MapServer native is working.