MapServer Performance Tips

Timothy J Nolte tnolte at ILPCS.COM
Tue Aug 7 12:29:46 EDT 2007

Now that I finally have MapServer talking to our Oracle database my next big
issue is performance. Does anyone have any tips on MapServer performance?

We're running MapServer on:
	Sun e450
	4 x 400MHz Sparc II Processors
	4GB ram

I have around 42GB of map data I'm trying to serve up. I'm not seeing the
greatest performance. Are there any key things I need to remember with the
setup of my Shapefile data? Are there certain things I should do with my
.map file to help performance? Anyone using the DM Solutions US Streets
data, any issues with performance there? What kind of hardware are others
running on? Thanks.