MapServer Performance Tips

Timothy J Nolte tnolte at ILPCS.COM
Tue Aug 7 15:57:50 EDT 2007

You should be able to see that I'm already using MINSCALE/MAXSCALE for those
layers as well as others. I'm generating a 1000x700 pixel image. These
layers I don't have showing until the zoom is at around 90 miles. I have
already broken these layers into individual shapes that are smaller than the
states (actually about county size). I'm not really sure that I want to move
these separate layers into one with just class definitions because the
legend does display the class definitions only layers (unless I'm missing
something here with Chameleon). This has all been very helpful information
and I'm going to do my best to take all that has been suggested and work
something out. I'm really wondering if this is a hardware issue. The box is
a Sun server with 4 x 400MHz processors and 4GB ram. That might not be a
powerful enough machine to do what I'm trying to do.