Selecting multiple polygons

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Thu Aug 9 16:19:06 EDT 2007

Matt,

You are going to have to write some javascript to do what you want to
do.

Here is a demo example that might help you get there:

http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/cgi-bin/mapserv48?map=/usr/local/www/docs_ma
ps/eco/rsg/search/search_example.map&qlayer=county&mode=nquery&searchmap
=true

David.

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Matt S.
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2007 3:02 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Selecting multiple polygons

Okay have a few questions and hope I can get a bit of help. First off
I'm pretty new to all these different programming languages so if you
are too technical in your response I might not understand.  I have a map
that
I am trying to turn into an interactive search template.  Basically I
want to be
able to have the user be able to click on a polygon and the webpage will
bring
up a result from our database.  I would need to have the option of
allowing
the user to select multiple polygons and then having a submit or search
button and then have the webpage display the results from all of those
polygons.
Just a general point in the right direction would be a great help.
Thanks, Matt