Mapserv can't find libpq.so

Bill Thoen bthoen at GISNET.COM
Sat Aug 11 16:24:00 EDT 2007

I just built a 4.10.2 version of MapServer from source and included support
for GEOS, GDAL, POstgis and Proj4, but now when mapserv runs it dies saying
it can't find libpq.so. However, the library is sitting in
/usr/local/pqsql/lib. Do I need to add this path to ld.so.conf, or should I
look elsewhere to fix this?

The last time I built a copy of MapServer, I didn't have this problem, and
as I took notes then, I have just been following these. Obviously I left
something important out, but would appreciate it if someone could tell me
what's wrong.

Thanks,

- Bill Thoen