Strange MS beta3 behaviour..

Thu Aug 16 08:05:57 EDT 2007

Sture Dingsøyr wrote:
> Hello...
>
> Been testing the new beta release of MS4W (beta3), and i have noticed a strange behaviour.
>
> I use a small PHP mapscript to generate a picture. But when I use the mapscriptfunction "set("status", 1)" on a POSTGIS, WMS or WFS layer...the web browser "hangs" for many seconds before the PHP page is finished rendering.
>
> This behaviour dos not occur when "set("status", 1)" is used on a ESRI SHAPE or a RASTER layer.

This is definitely very strange. If you set "STATUS ON" directly in the
mapfile then does it hang as well? If yes then that at least tells us
that the problem has nothing to do with the set("status", 1) call.

Oh wait... those symptoms are similar to what we had in ticket #458
(http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/458) ... do you use DEBUG TRUE
in your mapfile with MS_ERRORFILE "stderr"? If yes then perhaps try
disabling it and see if that makes a difference.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/