Strange MS beta3 behaviour..

Sture Dingsøyr candalt at ONLINE.NO
Fri Aug 17 04:30:50 EDT 2007

Some more info regarding the strange problem of php using long time to finish rendering page...

Used Wget to demonstrate what is happening:

C:\Wget>wget http://avsdi:81/test.php
--10:16:59--  http://avsdi:81/test.php
           => `test.php.3'
Connecting to avsdi:81... connected!
Length: unspecified [text/html]

    0K ->

10:17:00 (86.91 KB/s) - `test.php.3' saved [89]

In this call the page is finished rendered in about 1 second... I have not enabled any Postgis or WMS layeres...

C:\Wget>wget http://avsdi:81/test.php
--10:17:06--  http://avsdi:81/test.php
           => `test.php.4'
Connecting to avsdi:81... connected!
Length: unspecified [text/html]

    0K ->

10:17:12 (18.00 B/s) - `test.php.4' saved [90]

In this call the page is finished rendered in about 6 second... Here a Postgis layer is enabled.

I can see that the MS picture is created in my tmp folder before the page is finished rendering...so the problem is the "extra" time the page "hangs".

Have also tested on a different computer, so I do not think this is a local problem...

Best Regards