Error on Itemnquery with PostGIS-layer

HarryS mapcollect at GMX.NET
Tue Aug 21 07:16:28 EDT 2007

this is the layer configuration:

LAYER
    NAME "City-Database"
    GROUP "Databases"
    STATUS default
    DATA "the_geom from name"
    CONNECTION "user=postgres dbname=geonamesallppl host=localhost
port=5432"
    CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
    TYPE QUERY

    CLASS
      TEMPLATE "template-city.html"
      NAME "City-Database"
    END

  METADATA
   "queryable" "true"
   "searchfield" "name"
   "fields"
"name:Name,population:Pop,country:Country,province:Province,CODE:Code"
  END

  END

Mapserver can render maps using this layer and also searching via
KaMap-Frontend works on this layer, only itemnquery via cgi gives me the
above quoted error. I tried using different cases with column names (NAME,
Name, name) but always got same error: ...ERROR: Column »london« does not
exist...
This I don't understand because »london« is the querystring and not the
column-name.

Thanks,
Harry