Error on Itemnquery with PostGIS-layer

HarryS mapcollect at GMX.NET
Tue Aug 21 13:03:39 EDT 2007

I tried what you suggested in Layer definition:

DATA "the_geom from name.name"

without success (and also map-drawing and search-function with Kamap does
not workd anymore)

I also tried in URL:

http://myServer.com/cgi-bin/Hybrid?&map=/home/Harry/Mapfile/MyMap.map&mode=itemnquery&qlayer=City-Database&qitem='name.name'&qstring='London'

what causes this error on a Debian Linux machine with Mapserver 4.8.3:

prepare_database(): Query error. Error executing POSTGIS DECLARE (the actual
query) statement: 'DECLARE mycursor BINARY CURSOR FOR SELECT
'name.name'::text,asbinary(force_collection(force_2d(the_geom)),'NDR'),gid::text
from name WHERE (London) and (the_geom && setSRID( 'BOX3D(-180 -90,180
90)'::BOX3D,find_srid('','name','the_geom') ))'

Postgresql reports the error as 'FEHLER: Spalte »london« existiert nicht '

More Help:

Error with POSTGIS data variable. You specified '<check your .map file>'.
Standard ways of specifiying are :
(1) 'geometry_column from geometry_table'
(2) 'geometry_column from (<sub query>) as foo using unique <column name>
using SRID=<srid#>'

Make sure you put in the 'using unique <column name>' and 'using SRID=#'
clauses in.

For more help, please see http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/

Mappostgis.c - version of Jan 23/2004.

Harry (still confused...)