Showing Movement Direction

Ben Madin ben at REMOTEINFORMATION.COM.AU
Wed Aug 22 23:20:23 EDT 2007

G'day all,

I have been looking and reading, but I'm not sure I'm looking for the
right thing.

I have a number of points from satellite based tracking, giving me a
list of longitude, latitude and a timestamp. These are fairly
regular, and although I can display the points on the map window and
see where animals have moved to, I can't tell which way they moved
just by looking. We vets need to know what came first...

So I thought I could convert adjacent points (temporally) into line
segments, (earliest point first, latter point last), but I can't find
anywhere in Mapserver that seem to explicitly explain how to do this
(or whether it can be done).

Can anyone either :

	direct me to the right place, or

	give me a set of keywords which might get me to the right place, or

	advise me to give up for now?

cheers

Ben

--