AGG and WMS

Brent Fraser bfraser at GEOANALYTIC.COM
Thu Aug 23 15:51:19 EDT 2007

Christopher,

  Sorry for the terse question, here are some more
details...

I'm using the AGG/PNG output driver (see RFC-32) in
Mapserver 5.0 beta 4 to render shapefile vectors (no raster
input) to a PNG graphic file.  When I use Mapserver's CGI
interface to request a graphic map, the lines appear
anti-aliased (smooth, no jaggies) Great!  But when I use
Mapserver's WMS interface, I get the same old rendering
Mapserver always gave (lines with jaggies).

  Note there was an email
(http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0703&L=mapserver-dev&
T=0&O=D&X=639F0B08FDD720FAC9&P=6714) saying "WSM right now
only advertise gd and gdal based drivers. See bug 455".

  After some review of the images, it looks like my "DRIVER
AGG/PNG" produces a 24 bit png file via CGI, but an 8 bit
png file via WMS.  When I try to do AGG/PNG24, I get
"General error message. OUTPUTFORMAT clause references
driver AGG/PNG24, but this driver isn't configured." from
Mapserver.  I'll have to do some more digging...

Brent Fraser
GeoAnalytic Inc.
Calgary, Alberta