AGG and WMS

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at METACARTA.COM
Thu Aug 23 16:05:26 EDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 01:51:19PM -0600, Brent Fraser wrote:
> Christopher,
>
>   Sorry for the terse question, here are some more
> details...
>
> I'm using the AGG/PNG output driver (see RFC-32) in
> Mapserver 5.0 beta 4 to render shapefile vectors (no raster
> input) to a PNG graphic file.  When I use Mapserver's CGI
> interface to request a graphic map, the lines appear
> anti-aliased (smooth, no jaggies) Great!  But when I use
> Mapserver's WMS interface, I get the same old rendering
> Mapserver always gave (lines with jaggies).

What 'format' are you passing in? 'image/png' probably defaults to 8 bit
png, unless your outputformat has mimetype "image/png" in it.

>   After some review of the images, it looks like my "DRIVER
> AGG/PNG" produces a 24 bit png file via CGI, but an 8 bit
> png file via WMS.  When I try to do AGG/PNG24, I get
> "General error message. OUTPUTFORMAT clause references
> driver AGG/PNG24, but this driver isn't configured." from
> Mapserver.  I'll have to do some more digging...

I don't think there is an AGG/PNG24 driver, so you don't need to do
that. The important information here is:
 * What does your outputformat look like
 * What "format=" are you passing to WMS?

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta