AGG and WMS

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Thu Aug 23 16:18:24 EDT 2007

Brent,

  I think what happens is the following : when mapserver gets your wms
request with FORMAT=png, it selects the the GD PNG 8 bit driver. I am
not sure right now wms/outputformat should be handled so that this king
of situation does not happen.
  A quick work around from what I can see would be

   - define an agg output format is your map file :
      OUTPUTFORMAT
     NAME "agg/png24"
     MIMETYPE "image/png; mode=24bit"
     DRIVER "AGG/PNG"
     EXTENSION "png"
   END

  - set you imagetyppe in the map file to be IMAGETYPE agg/png24

  - when doing a wms request use FORMAT=image/png; mode=24bit

  This should ensure that your agg output format is used.

  Best Regards,

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca