first time mapserver install, error on empty query

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Sun Aug 26 14:14:04 EDT 2007

Tara Athan wrote:
> I have limited access to the webserver.

Good to know.

> Don't Options 2 and 3 depend on there being a file libgdal.so.1
> somewhere?  I cannot find any such file.

If you sucessfuly did a make and make install as you describe, there
should be a directory /home/alttwois/local/lib and inside it should be
among other things libgdal.so

If not, then backtrack and tell us how your GDAL/OGR build went.

If so, then /home/alttwois/local/lib is the library path. Create a shell
script and stick it into cgi-bin:
   #!/bin/sh
   export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/alttwois/local/lib"
   exec /path/to/cgi-bin/mapserv
That wrapper should do the trick, for both command line and CGI.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA