POLYGONS AT INTERNATIONAL DATE TIME BOUNDARY

Efren Serra efren.serra.ctr at METNET.NAVY.MIL
Wed Aug 29 13:33:34 EDT 2007

George,

I think I figure something out:
setting EXTENT to -360 -90 360 90

and requesting layers in pair as (using WMS protocol):
BBOX=-360,-90,0,90&LAYERS=...&STYLES=...&TRANSPARENT=TRUE AND
BBOX=0,-90,360,90&LAYERS=...&STYLES=...&TRANSPARENT=TRUE
seems to do the trick.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregor Mosheh [mailto:gregor at hostgis.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 1:46 PM
To: efren.serra.ctr at metnet.navy.mil
Cc: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] POLYGONS AT INTERNATIONAL DATE TIME
BOUNDARY

Efren Serra wrote:
> Do you know which projection handle the date line properly?

Offhand I do not. I'm actually a sysadmin, not a cartographer, I focus
more on the software and operating system than projections. :)

Would UTM zone 60 work? From there, the dateline would be at x=50000 and
points east thereof would be, well, east as usual. Zone 60 should be
EPSG codes 26760 (NAD27) and 26960 (NAD83/WGS94).

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA