Color shifts using QUANTIZE_COLORS=256

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Dec 3 16:34:31 EST 2007

rich.fromm wrote:
> Sorry if I'm being repetitive, but this seems to be another example of the
> question that I raised earlier here:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=13982316&framed=y
>
> Is ther some place (even if it's in the source code, that's fine) that I can
> easily find out what all of the list of FORMATOPTION's are that are
> available to me?  I'm not looking for anything more in particular right now,
> but sometimes just knowing what all of the knobs are can help to solve a
> problem when one does arise.

Rich,

Format options are used in a variety of places and there is no comprehensive
listing.  You can search the code with the command "grep -i formatoption" to
find the bulk of MapServer specific format option values.  But for GDAL drivers
they are also passed through to GDAL and you would need to review the format
driver documentation for each GDAL driver to find all possible options (format
options are translated as GDAL creation options).

I sympathize with the mysteriousness of this.  It would be nice to have a
summary of the MapServer specific format options in the docs.

Best regards,