Color shifts using QUANTIZE_COLORS=256

rich.fromm nospam420 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Dec 3 15:53:58 EST 2007

tbonfort wrote:

> OUTPUTFORMAT
>      [... snip...]
>      FORMATOPTION "PALETTE_FORCE=TRUE"
>      FORMATOPTION "PALETTE=/path/to/my/palette.txt"
>  END

Sorry if I'm being repetitive, but this seems to be another example of the
question that I raised earlier here:

http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=13982316&framed=y

Is ther some place (even if it's in the source code, that's fine) that I can
easily find out what all of the list of FORMATOPTION's are that are
available to me?  I'm not looking for anything more in particular right now,
but sometimes just knowing what all of the knobs are can help to solve a
problem when one does arise.

This mailing list is great, and I do truly appreciate the prompt and useful
help that I've received to my queries, but it's also nice to not have to bug
others and to be able to just find the information on my own.  I see no
mention of this as a valid FORMATOPTION in any of these locations:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/outputformat
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/tags/rel-5-0-0/mapserver/MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/agg-rendering-specifics/view

Or is the gist that the docs for this just aren't done yet?  From this item
in the HISTORY.TXT file with the mapserver distribution:

- Use of static color Palette support for gd output (#2096)

And the fact that this bug is still open:

and says "only the doc part is remaining for this bug"

maybe that's the case.