temp directory remain empty

Volkan Ulukut arthan at DSL.TTNET.NET.TR
Wed Dec 5 08:24:43 EST 2007

Hey,
I'm using ka-map for caching and it works perfect. Ka-map uses mapscript to
create tiles of the image you request and if that tile is created before it
used the cached image so you don't have to recreate every image. You only
create once which can also be done by precaching so your users will
experience a very fast service.

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Milo van der Linden
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 10:59 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] temp directory remain empty

Hello list,

My mapserver is not running optimal.

I serve a global bathymetry raster and the maps that users request are
always based upon a fixed extent (country boundaries)
- Somehow nothing happens in my map-temp directory, I see no temp files
appear.
- If I manage to get temp files into my map-temp, will mapserver use
them as cache?
- Are there other ways to set up caching with mapservers?

Any tip at all will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Milo van der Linden