temp directory remain empty

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Wed Dec 5 10:52:37 EST 2007

> Only problem is; specific client
> software is accessing my wms and these clients do not support tilecache
> or wms-c.

Ahhh, I see. That's too bad then.

> So the server will have to talk plain wms and some tricking
> has to be done on the server to handle the request and pass it to the
> cache when it is available.

Fair enough. You'll have to use a Mapscript wrapper then (Python, Perl,
PHP? up to you) which takes WMS-like arguments, checks for non-existence
of an already-generated "tile", generates it if necessary, then serves
up the tile in either case. Rolling your own, I guess, wouldn't be
difficult at all.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA