temp directory remain empty

Matt Pettis matt.pettis at THOMSON.COM
Wed Dec 5 11:06:10 EST 2007

Milo,

I have some .php code that is fairly well documented that does zooming
on a map and caches the map at the max extent.  If you zoom in, you
create a unique map, but if you request a map whose extent covers >80%
of the max extent, it defaults to using the cached image of the max
extent.

Let me know if you are interested, and I'll send you the specific .php
file... I think it is documented well enough to give you an idea of how
I'm currently handling caching...

matt

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Gregor Mosheh
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 9:53 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] temp directory remain empty

> Only problem is; specific client
> software is accessing my wms and these clients do not support
> tilecache or wms-c.

Ahhh, I see. That's too bad then.

> So the server will have to talk plain wms and some tricking has to be
> done on the server to handle the request and pass it to the cache when

> it is available.

Fair enough. You'll have to use a Mapscript wrapper then (Python, Perl,
PHP? up to you) which takes WMS-like arguments, checks for non-existence
of an already-generated "tile", generates it if necessary, then serves
up the tile in either case. Rolling your own, I guess, wouldn't be
difficult at all.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA