Do Mapserver enables distributed processing spatial data?

karsten vennemann karsten at TERRAGIS.NET
Thu Dec 6 03:00:47 EST 2007

If you want to use your data in may different clients and/or from a variety
of distributed locations - you can look into serving them with as Web
Mapping Services (WMS – for raster output) or Web Feature Services WFS (for
vector output) using an engine like mapserver or geoserver. The data can
then be accessed over the web via a lot of different clients, mapserver
itself, GGIS, Udig, ArcGIS etc.

Take a look at

Mapserver and WMS

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/wms_server