mapscript: python24.dll not found (using python25)

Milo van der Linden mlinden at ZEELANDNET.NL
Thu Dec 6 05:21:39 EST 2007

Hello list!

I am trying to set up the mapserver py wrapper that is documented on the
mapserver website. For this I unzipped the mapscript python files from
the MS4W package.  Then I run the test-cgi-mapscript.py.

My machine is windows 2003. When running the script from the command
line, a windows dialog pops up saying that the python24.dll is not
found. My guess is that this has to do with the mapscript.dll trying to
hook on to python24.dll

Can I simply copy the python24.dll into my python25 installation?
Can I run two pythons next to each other?
Or is there a compiled version of mapscript available that hooks into
the python25.dll?

Kind regards,

Milo van der Linden