CGI Mapserver: raw URL zooming manipulation

Steven Monai stevem at SPATIALMAPPING.COM
Fri Dec 7 13:25:53 EST 2007

Matt:

Looking at some of my old browse-mode, CGI-mapserver "play" files (circa
2003! how time flies...), my template files always seemed to have the
following hidden variables within the form:

<input type="hidden" name="imgxy" value="[center]">
<input type="hidden" name="imgbox" value="[center] [center]">
<input type="hidden" name="imgext" value="[mapext]">
<input type="hidden" name="mapext" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="mode" value="browse">

Accordingly, to invoke the effect you're looking for (i.e. to zoom in from
the full extent by some given zoom factor) I suggest including the following
fragment in your URL:

imgxy=330.0+247.5&imgbox=330.0+247.5+330.0+247.5&imgext=189775.375+4810000+761662.375+5472414.5&mapext=&mode=browse

(Also, see the comment by Peter Slizik at the bottom of this page:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/cgi .)

Hope this helps,
-SM
--