CGI Mapserver: raw URL zooming manipulation

Matthew Pettis matthew.pettis at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 8 18:15:58 EST 2007

Hi,

I think I have a solution... the zoom controls work on the extent passed in
the control 'imgext', not on 'mapext'... here is a working example that
zooms from the max extent:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?mode=map&img.x=330&img.y=247.5&zoomdir=1&zoomsize=2&layer=county&imgext=189775.375+4810000+761662.375+5472414.5&map=c:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/tst/race2.map

so, my question is: is there a more in-depth explanation of 'imgext' vs.
'mapext' than exists in the cgi documentation (
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/cgi/controls)?

just really trying to understand the nuts and bolts of how the command line
works...

thanks,
matt

--
It is from the wellspring of our despair and the places that we are broken
that we come to repair the world.