Multiple projection systems

Jelmer Baas Baas at SPEERIT.NL
Wed Dec 12 10:13:04 EST 2007

Hello List,

I'm currently fighting with a lot of projection issues.

I have background data in the WGS84 system. My main data is in some
Belgian system, which MapInfo calls "Belgian National System (correct)".

I would like to display these layers and still be able to choose what
coords I get after running a query. Is this possible?

For example:

LAYER
	NAME Layer1
	<etc>
	PROJECTION
		[Belgian National System (correct)]
	END
END
LAYER
	NAME Layer2
	<etc>
	TEMPLATE "layer2.html"
	PROJECTION
		[WG84]
	END
END

In this case, I'd like the results of a query on Layer2 to be in RD
(Dutch) system. Is this at all possible?

Last but not least: I'm not quite sure what Projection "AUTO" means.
Does this follow the "default" projection as stated in my map file, the
projection of the last layer or simple the projection as the TAB file
says?

In case it's relevant: (Yes, I want to upgrade but version 5.x broke
somehow -- Soon I'll try again).
MapServer version 4.8.3 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF
 OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPO
RTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPO
RTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SH
APEFILE DEBUG=MSDEBUG

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.