HostGIS+OpenLayers WMS requests to mapserver problems

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Fri Dec 14 07:36:03 EST 2007

Correct.  After much debate, STYLES is now optional again in trunk (and
forthcoming 5.0.1).

> > It's also very normal to require the width, height, bbox,
> and SRS, and
> > format. If it was working before without them, defaulting
> to whatever
> > was in the mapfile, then that was a lax enforcement of WMS standard
> > and you should be glad it's been fixed. ;)
>
> I disagree with this statement, but I do agree that those
> parameters are required as part of the WMS spec, and if
> you're using MS 5.0, it seems likely that this is the change
> you are running into.

More info can be found w.r.t. this in the FAQ entry at:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/faq/ogc-wms-getmap-required-parameters