Mapserver Expressions

Fri Dec 14 14:23:32 EST 2007

There are case-insensitive versions of regex and string expressions. I believe you
just tag an "i" to the end of the expression:

  EXPRESSION "foo"i
  or EXRESSION /foo/i

I can't remember if those work within a logical expression although I would expect
so. You could always do the force on the client before passing to MapServer. I should
add some toupper and tolower methods to the logical expression support.

Steve

>>> Jim Dahl <jim.dahl at MAIL.CO.DOUGLAS.MN.US> 12/13/07 10:56 AM >>>
I want to force all entries for a search to upper case even if user
enters lower.  I only read in the doc that it is case sensitive.  Will
mapserver use 'uCase, lCase' , etc.

Jim Dahl, GISP
GIS Coordinator
Douglas County Public Works