Fw: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Too Many Symbols

Gagan Bansal Gagan.Bansal at RELIANCEADA.COM
Sat Dec 15 02:22:37 EST 2007

We are using the mapserver 5.0.0, there is no multiple installation.  Here
is the snip from our mapsymbol.h file. We tried to increase the value
MS_SYMBOL_ALLOCSIZE to 128, but no effect. The mapserver is not processing
if the symbol is more than 64.

<snip>
enum MS_SYMBOL_TYPE {MS_SYMBOL_SIMPLE=1000, MS_SYMBOL_VECTOR,
MS_SYMBOL_ELLIPSE, MS_SYMBOL_PIXMAP, MS_SYMBOL_TRUETYPE,
MS_SYMBOL_CARTOLINE, MS_SYMBOL_HATCH};

#define MS_SYMBOL_ALLOCSIZE 64      /* number of symbolObj ptrs to
allocate for a symbolset at once */
#define MS_MAXVECTORPOINTS 100      /* shade, marker and line symbol
parameters */
#define MS_MAXPATTERNLENGTH 10

#define MS_IMAGECACHESIZE 6

</snip>

Regards
Gagan
----- Forwarded by Gagan Bansal/RCL/RelianceADA on 12/15/2007 12:46 PM
-----

"Manav Sethi" <sethimanav at gmail.com>
12/15/2007 11:38 AM

gagan.bansal at relianceada.com
cc

Subject
Fwd: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Too Many Symbols