labeling along the line

rich.fromm nospam420 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Dec 17 14:00:41 EST 2007

rich.fromm wrote:

> fwiw, ANGLE FOLLOW works fine for me:

I should probably qualify that a little bit.  It clearly is drawing text
labels that follow lines.  And sometimes it does this perfectly.  But many
times it's far from perfect.  The text will somewhat follow the line (like
if the line curves the text might not always curve with it).  Worse,
sometimes the general angle is correct, but there's a bit of an offset, and
the text doesn't end up precisely where you'd want it.

So while I think the underlying code is functioning, it does appear either a
little buggy or could use some improvement in its placement algorithm.

- Rich