mapserver 5 parallel to mapserver 4?

Piero Cavalieri piero.cavalieri at GMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 18 10:39:11 EST 2007

For cgi, the dlls can be in the same mapserv.exe directory, so there
shouldn't conflicts (maybe...).I remember I used a configuration in which I
had mapserv.exe (with all the required dlls) in the Scripts directory, and
in the same dir, another dir with another set of exe/dlls (the first one was
from MS4Win, used for WMS with AGG output, the last one was from FWtools,
used for WCS). For me this seemed to work (but I used this configuration ony
a bit on my devel machine...).

Why cgi should be used only for a trial ?

Cheers
 Piero

2007/12/17, Gregor Mosheh <gregor at hostgis.com>:

> Piero Cavalieri wrote:
> > in cgi mode, u could simply make calls to different paths
> > http://localhost/Scripts/mapserver4/mapserv.exe?map=....
> > http://localhost/Scripts/mapserver5/mapserv.exe?map=....
>
> That doesn't address the many other binaries, nor MapScripts.

For