New to Mapserver

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Wed Dec 19 11:34:07 EST 2007

David -

The answer to your question about data depends greatly on what portion of the Earth you are interested in.  Is this a global mapping application, or limited to a smaller geography?

     - Ed

Ed McNierney
Chief Mapmaker
Demand Media / TopoZone.com
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
ed at topozone.com
Phone: +1 (978) 251-4242
Fax: +1 (978) 251-1396

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of David H. McCoy
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:00 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] New to Mapserver

Thanks for the reply Bart.  It seems I misunderstood the part of the initiative.
I thought that the customer wanted to try to do this with some kind of public
domain maps, which is not the case. They are prepared to purchase the maps,
after all.

Well, I'll get to work and come up with some *real* questions.

Thanks again!

David H. McCoy