New to Mapserver

David H. McCoy davidhmccoy at COX.NET
Wed Dec 19 11:47:44 EST 2007

You are correct!

The application will support maps and floor plans.  The floorplans will definitely
be supplied by the user of the application on a per need basis. However, I
thought that the geographic maps were to be *only* public domain. In
actuality, the user of the application would purchase geographic maps based,
in a format supported by mapserver, based on whatever needs they are trying
to fulfill.  I'd thought that I was rebuffed when suggesting purchasing certain
items in the past, put there is an understanding that a user of the application
would at least potentially have to purchase maps.

And there was my mistake. I thought purchasing data was off the table, but
this isn't the case at all.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:34:07 -0500, Ed McNierney <ed at TOPOZONE.COM>
wrote:

>David -
>
>The answer to your question about data depends greatly on what portion of
the Earth you are interested in.  Is this a global mapping application, or limited
to a smaller geography?

>     - Ed
>
>Ed McNierney
>Chief Mapmaker
>Demand Media / TopoZone.com
>73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
>North Chelmsford, MA  01863
>ed at topozone.com
>Phone: +1 (978) 251-4242
>Fax: +1 (978) 251-1396

USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of David H. McCoy