question about AGG

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Mon Dec 31 13:56:10 EST 2007

All,

Is the general consensus that all MapServers should move to AGG output,
or is this considered more of an optional output at this time?  I mean,
will it at some point become the default output for MapServer?

I'm asking mostly based on the differences in the mapfiles required
between the two formats.  It's a bit troublesome to keep options for
both in a Mapfile, although, if the AGG output supercedes any older
definitions in the same MapFile, that would help out considerably.

I'm setting up some default MapFiles for cartography and wondering
about what I should be promoting (or not).

Thanks

bobb